Orenda – you read it here first folks – is present in ALL people. Even you, dear reader.
What a great Word Of The Day!
So you have this ‘Orenda’, this power to change things, but how do you go about using it exactly? Well there are lots of ways you can affect change in your life – and most of them will have ripples of effect that will spread outwards from you and affect the world itself in small ways or sometimes – in a big way. Here are a few ways you can utilise your ‘Orenda’.
- Acts Of Kindness. Sometimes the smallest act of kindness can result in great changes. Click here for examples.
- Choosing The Hard Option. Sometimes we are faced with difficult decisions. Most of the time we (myself included) choose the easier, less-hassle option. Sometimes though, a person’s gotta do what a person’s gotta do. The most recent big-news story that springs to mind is of the young girl Malala, in Pakistan, who stood up to the Taliban for women’s education and was shot for her bravery to speak out. Thankfully she recovered and you can read her story here.
- Be A Friend. So we all have people who we call friends. But how much of a friend are you? Everyone has their own trials in life and your friends will be having theirs. Knowing they have you in their corner could be life-changing for them and give you both a better friendship as a result. You don’t have to interfere or try to solve their problems for them – just let them know you are there if they need you.
- Listen. The easiest thing in the world to do is to listen. So why do we do it so rarely? Listen to those around you – family, friends, colleagues. Sometimes just being listened to can make someone’s day.
- World Domination. Sometimes the best way to make a difference to the world is to conquer it completely and shape it to your vision. If you lack the resources for this option – consider one of the first four options instead.
So today you have learned that you have the power to change the world. I hope you use it wisely, but really – I just hope you use it.